SINAN RAJUB SENOGA
Godwin Kayangwe Arinaitwe will be the Uganda Rugby Union president for the next four years, with immediate effect until 2023.
This follows Kayangwe emerging victorious in the elections (44-9) against Kyambogo University’s Ivan Ssemuwemba during the Union’s annual general meeting held at Noble View Hotel in Ntinda on Sunday.
Kayangwe fills the void left by the outgoing Andrew Owor who has been the Union’s president for the last six years.
Oscar Olaro and Peter Magona will deputise Kayangwe as Vice Presidents in the technical and commercial affairs respectively.
In other posts, Peter Odong was voted as the new honorary secretary replacing Kayangwe who was holding the post previously.
Simon Mutama retained his post as the honorary treasurer while Vian Matsiko was elected the new Up country representative.
Unopposed Regina Lunyolo is the Women’s representative on the executive while Dorothy Nekesa is the new Age Grade and Development representative.
URU New Executive 2019 – 2023
• President – Godwin Kayangwe
• Vice President Technical – Oscar Olaro
• Vice President commercial – Peter Magona
• Hon. Secretary – Peter Odong
• Hon. Treasurer – Simon Mutama
• Age Grade Representative – Dorothy Nekesa
• Representative – Regina Luyolo
• Up Country Rep – Vian Matsiko