By: Danito Nsubuga
The FUFA disciplinary committee has slapped a 4 match ban on Vipers head coach Miguel Da Costa after confronting a referee during their stalemate with BUL FC on 11th April 2018.
The same committee has in the same capacity handed a 4 match ban on goal keeper James Alitho for abusing the referee during the same match.
The committee also highlighted that there will not be any sanctions on Vipers as regards their failure to produce player licenses for the match, it states that Vipers had reported to Police the loss of their licenses within the stipulated time and the result remain 0-0.
The statement read,
The FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel (CDP) received a petition from the AUPL secretariat regarding the failure of Vipers SC failing to produce players license, player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of vipers SC abusing a match official.
Vipers SC CEO Lwanga Peter and Vipers head coach Jorge Da Costa both confronting and attacking the match officials and sat on 19’n April 2018 to review the matter.
Basing on both reports from the Centre referee and the match assessor;
1. Vipers SC failed to produce the licenses during the said match for inspection as per
article 26J of FUFA Competitions rules 201211A.
2. Player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of Vipers SC insulted and abused the 1st assistant,
3. Vipers SC CEO, Peter Lwanga confronted, threatened and attacked the match referee
4. Vipers SC Head Coach Jorge Da Costa confronted and attacked the Centre referee.
1. According to the FUFA Competitions rules 2017/ 18, Article 26.4(i) Vipers SC reported the case of loss of licenses to police and presented the matter to the TOC for action within the required therefore Vipers SC in this case fulfilled this requirement and has no case, so the result remain 0-0″.
Player shirt No. 25 Alitho James of Vipers SC is banned for four competition matches for unsporting conduct towards a match official as per article 30.8 (iii) of the FUFA Competitions rules 2017118.
3. Mr Jorge Da costa, the coach of Vipers SC is suspended for four competition matches for unsporting behavior towards a match official as per Article 30.S (iii) of the FUFA competition rules 2017118 for violating article 30.2 of FUFA Competitions rules 2017118.
4. Mr Lwanga Peter the Vipers SC CEO is fined 1,000,000 (One Million shillings) for violating article 30.2 of FUFA Competitions rules 2017118. “
The 4 fixtures to be missed by Da Costa and Alitho include, Masavu FC on 24th April, KCCA FC on 27th April, Proline FC on 1st May and Police FC on 4th May.