The 9th edition of the University Football League has officially been launched at Kati Kati, Lugogo.
This year the event has expanded from 16 teams to 20 teams and have been drawn in five groups.
The top team in each group will prevail to the quarterfinals and will be joined by three best second placed teams.
The competition will kick off on Friday 7th February, 2020 to November.
Muni University, Kabale University, University of Kisubi and Mbarara University are the new Universities that will be part of the competition.
Defending champions Uganda Christian University have been drawn in group B alongside Kumi University, Kampala International University, Islamic University in Uganda.
Last year’s runs up St. Lawrence are in Group D alongside Bishop Stuart, Makerere University Business School.
UCU beat St. Lawrence 2-1 in an entertaining final held at StarTimes Stadium, Lugogo to win the 2019 event.
The Groups :
• Kabale University
• Mbarara University of Science & Technology (MUST)
• Kyambogo University
• University of Kisubi
• Islamic University In Uganda (IUIU)
• Kumi University
• Uganda Christian University (UCU)
• Kampala International University (KIU)
• Uganda Matyrs University (UMU)
• Busitema University
• Kampala University (KU)
• International University of East Africa (IUEA)
• St.Lawrence University (SLAU)
• Bishop Stuart University
• Makerere University Business School (MUBS)
• Bugema University
• Muni University
• Gulu University
• Nkumba University